In a competition like IPL, the game can float away if a player conveys a phenomenal exhibition. This can especially happen when a bowler takes a full go-around during the innings. It then becomes challenging for the opponents to recuperate from the falling wickets. It isn’t normal to see full go-arounds in the IPL. And there have been a few seasons where not so much as the bowler took a solitary full go-around. Then again, in a couple of the seasons, we have seen numerous full go-arounds occurring. In this article, we will drill down all the IPL hat tricks.
But before that, do you know what a hat trick is? We have brought the complete list of hat tricks in IPL and other important information. Continue reading to find the definition of a hat trick. Also, get exciting details on the IPL’s hat tricks.
A hat-trick happens when a bowler takes three wickets with sequential conveyances. The conveyances might be intruded on by an over bowled by one more bowler from the opposite finish of the pitch. Yet the singular bowler should have three successive conveyances in a similar match. Wickets credited to the bowler count towards a full go-around; run-outs don’t count.
Hat-tricks are uncommon and, as such, are cherished by bowlers. In some cases, the term is used to mean winning a similar rivalry many times in succession. For instance, Australia won the Cricket World Cup in 1999, 2003, and 2007. Lancashire came out on top for the County Championship in 1926, 1927, and 1928. We have noted down the complete list of IPL hat tricks. Look at them to increase your knowledge about cricket like a true cricket enthusiast.
- The debut season of the IPL saw three players sack hat tricks. Balaji carved his name in the set of experiences books. It was when he became the first player to bag a hat trick.
- Delhi Capitals’ Mishra got the first of his three IPL hat tricks against Deccan Chargers.
- CSK’s quick bowler, Ntini, likewise got a hat trick against the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
- The second time of IPL was very novel as far as IPL hat tricks are concerned. Yuvraj Singh got two full go-arounds while playing for Punjab in 2009. While Rohit Sharma likewise took a hat trick for the Hyderabad group.
- RCB’s pacer Harshal Patel ended up being the legend on 26th September 2021. Patel excused Pandya, Pollard, and Chahar in the initial three balls of the sixteenth over.
- Yuzvendra Chahal took an IPL hat trick in 2022. He was playing for the Rajasthan Royals against Kolkata Knight Riders. Chahal turned the high-scoring spine-chiller on its head in the seventeenth over of the game. He bagged four wickets in six conveyances. He sent back s Iyer, Shivam Mavi, and Pat Cummins off progressive lifts and enlisted a five-wicket pull.
- The 2010 version saw just a single full go-around, snatched by RCB’s Kumar. It came against Rajasthan Royals (RR), which packaged out for 92 on the evening. Bangalore, courageous, pursued the objective without any problem.
- The undisputed lord of IPL full go-arounds, Mishra, got his second in 2011 against PBKS. Then, at that point, with the Chargers, Mishra’s sorcery with the ball helped the side bang Punjab by 82 runs.
- The 2012 version of the IPL additionally had only one full go-around like its former release, which was snaffled up by Chandila of RR against the Pune Warriors India (PWI).
In a strained capability fight for the end of the season games, Chandila’s IPL hat tricks helped Rajasthan effectively guard its all out of 170